Monday, March 10, 2008

HURRAY!!!

Gavin and I have Spring Break this week and Jason can choose whether or not he wants to work Mondays so we have been having fun all day. We went shopping and then picked up Emma from preschool and ate pizza and played in the park (still snow on the ground but warm enough to go without coats-what a beautiful day!). We then went to McDonald's play place and had some ice cream and the kids burned off more energy. It seems like forever since they've just been able to play outside the house for very long. We came home and had a wonderful message on our answering machine. Jason's boss called! (If you haven't read yesterday's post yet, you may want to refer to that first.)

Jason immediately called him back and got offered the job! Hurray! So he will soon be the full-time acquisitions librarian for Logan City Library! I'm already putting in my orders for things he needs to buy for the library.... ;-)

Then just to satisfy my curiosity, I called the school where we applied for Emma and they were really surprised that we hadn't gotten the letter saying Emma got in! So she'll be in afternoon Kindergarten there (we don't know if skipping a grade is even a possibility now) and if we can work it out with Gavin's preschool, she could be a "hearing peer" in his class in the mornings (with it being a preschool to teach the kids how to talk--I think Emma would be an incredible asset, since she never seems to stop talking...). So we will be driving back and forth to the University a lot--funny that it will be for our young children instead of ourselves--but we were going to be doing that for Gavin anyway. Oh, happy day! I don't know if this day could have been more perfect! And don't worry, I know who's really responsible and I am thanking Him profusely!

4 comments:

roamingjones said...

Great news! I am so happy for you guys!

Mama Ash Grove said...

I am so thrilled for you all!

Ginny said...

I love when what you want aligns with what is supposed to be!! Yea for a great day!!!

P.S. I have some friends whose young son will hopefully be getting cochlear implants soon. I would love to talk to you a little more about it sometime.

CraftyTeresa said...

Wow! Sometimes you really do get the answers you want from your prayers. Yes and YES!
That's amazing!
Yay! and isn't it sooo fun to just have a really really great day as a family? A Good job, a good school and a good day together outside on a nice day as a family! Perfect! Congratulations!

We have 2 weeks of spring break starting next week. Plus, we had Ross take some days off at the end of the month, and we got a really good tax return back. I'm expecting a really good family day or two at the end of the month.
Yay!