Saturday, January 26, 2008

Succumbing


As any one reading this would know of me and my family--we are not ones to feel inclined to have to follow trends. We are happy shopping at the thrift store (D.I.) and not having the internet or television. But I have finally succumbed to the appeal of the blogging trend. Jason gave into my constant ad watching, looking for the best deal on a laptop; and we bought our laptop from Staples--not as great a deal as the day after Thanksgiving, but at least I didn't have to sleep out in the cold hoping to be the first in line. It has wireless internet capabilities, so we are no longer so isolated from the world (special thanks to the nice neighbors who haven't blocked their wireless internet). I have always wanted to be a journal keeper, but prefer typing to handwriting--so this seems so much more applicable to my life. Besides, I'm on the internet all the time because I'm addicted, so I might as well get something positive out of it! So here is the remarkable first visit into blog-land... wish me luck!

7 comments:

CommonMama said...

Yea!!! So you are always on the internet... how come I never see you there? Actually I have seen you sign into messenger a couple of times in the last few days. Anyway... I also succumbed for many of the same reasons you cited, and it is working well for me. I am excited to have this link to keep in touch better. Do you have our link? I'll make sure you do just in case. Lauren

Ginny said...

Yea for blogging!!

roamingjones said...

Yay! Happy day!

The Hodgkinsons said...

Hello to the Cornelius family from the Hodgkinson's! We never see you, so will be happy to read your online updates!

peachon said...

Hey, finally grandpa and I will have the previlege to see both of you and the kids. It is so important to us, specially because we don't have the chance to be with you very often. Thank you very much, it made us very very happy.
grandpa and grandma Kinney

Allison said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. We're glad to have you and are happy we can keep up with the latest on the Cornelius family online!

CraftyTeresa said...

Okay. Commenting on the first one. I signed up with blogger... now I can comment! and read without google yelling at me! :)

I made up a new blog for my craftiness needs... feel free to peruse it... although my other blog is still my main blog.

See ya in the funny papers!