Saturday, January 24, 2009

Broken computer

I had finally downloaded the pictures from Christmas, etc., and was going to update the blog but I ran out of time. So I got on the laptop the next day, only to have it die on me while it was still plugged in. Turns out that when Gavin had knocked it of the couch, it had landed on the power input plug and broke the socket in the computer! So now we can't plug in the computer and it had to be sent in for repairs. I'm really hoping that it doesn't take too long--and even more, I hope that they don't have to clear the hard drive because it has all my pictures on it! Cross your fingers! And in the meantime, don't expect to hear from me often--I'm at my mom's right now and otherwise don't get to use the Internet often.

6 comments:

roamingjones said...

Bummer! I've been waiting to hear about Christmas!

Mummy. said...

Ok Becky doodles! we will wait, with varying patience! Happy birthdya to Jason tomorrow!!!!

Lael said...

What a coincidence, my boy just knocked our digital camera off the couch. It is dead! I'll wait patiently for an update!

Christine Mains said...

So scary, I'll be praying you don't lose your pics. Brian found an external hard drive for 75% off a few weeks ago and soon after copied all of my pics, videos, and journals on it. He also bought me a new computer since my old one is slowly dying. I have more comfort now than ever before about my pics.

Mummy. said...

I am tired of this, and I want to see more.

Becky said...

Sorry, I'm kind of tired of it too! I get a whole fifty minutes today on the Internet at the library--first time on in a week! It's strange how integrated the Internet gets in your life when you use it everyday! I could blog, but there wouldn't be pictures until the computer comes back--but I just got an email saying that it's been shipped and is on it's way back! yea!