So after about two weeks we got our computer back. Excitedly, I opened it up and plugged it in and--voila!--it worked, the power plug was fixed! And they hadn't rebooted it, so we still had our pictures. Hurray! But then I discovered that the internet wasn't working--we have wireless and it didn't want to turn on and wouldn't search for a signal. Then I found that the USB ports weren't working and the volume dial wasn't doing anything. I called a friend over and he said that he thinks they didn't reinstall the drivers? or something like that. So I got to send it back. After almost two hours on the phone trying to get the right person to get a hold of and finally calling long distance, they admitted they needed to fix it and gave me the mailing info. We went and bought an external hard drive to back up the computer because the guy had told me that they would be re-installing everything and the hard drive would be cleared. But then discovered that because the USB ports only kind of worked, we couldn't use it. So we copied the picts onto DVDs and sent it back. We finally got the computer back a week ago and have been spending the time trying to reinstall all our programs and upload our picts and so on. So finally, I have the time to update the blog. Lucky me....
By the way, I also lost all the "favorites" websites that I had saved which included everyone's blogs. So if you don't mind--could you send me your web address so I can continue to read everyone's blogs?
1 comment:
I am glad you are back! I have been periodically checking.
But I am sorry to hear about your computer troubles! I hope all is back in working order for you soon.
Amazing how important the computer has become in our lives!
Looking forward to updates and pictures. . .
Post a Comment