Sunday, March 15, 2009

January

We had a very calm New Years Eve, all going to bed early and sleeping through the celebrations. On New Years Day, we all got hair cuts (well, I tried, but mine actually came later). I cut all of the kids and Jason's hair and had quite the pile when we were through. It's kind of fun to try and guess which hair came from which person (we saved Josiah, it being his first hair cut, so his isn't included).

Then a week later I got my hair cut for free because I donated it to Locks of Love. It was about time because I had been losing quite a bit from post-pregnancy and Josiah had learned how to grab ahold and not let go. It's really nice after having long hair for a while to go short--very freeing. We had an otherwise rather uneventful January. The kids enjoyed the time off school, but were ready to go back when the time came. We tried to potty train Gavin, but he would have nothing to do with it; he'd much rather just pee in his clothes or on the floor than in the potty. So we'll try again later. Jason had a nice birthday and is already 32! So old... We spent some time with my folks and they gave him some money with which he bought several new outfits at D.I.--we love D.I.! Otherwise, it was nice and rather quiet.

7 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Your hair looks great, Becky.
I got mine cut in December, and have been mourning the loss ever since. I guess I am a long-hair lady.
I can't guess whose hair is whose because I didn't know anyone had such dark hair- is that Jason's? And what happened to Gavin's white blond hair?
And where is a picture of all the haircuts?
Asa still hasn't had his cut yet!

Allison said...

Cute haircut! and Cute family picture of the kids on your banner! It is fun catching up on your blog and we're glad that you're back! Miss you!

Becky said...

Unfortunately, the kids had all scattered and had enough of me by the time I thought of bringing out the camera so I didn't get a pict of everyone. Emma's hair was just trimmed so you couldn't really tell anyway and Gavin's didn't turn out that great because of his impatience. Oh and his hair gets quite a bit darker in the winter--but it should lighten up again this summer.

Christine Mains said...

We are just like you and Jason when it comes to cutting our kids hair. We gather the boys together to cut their hair all at once too, and they are horrible. The crying, sweating, head bobbing, and twisting that the boys do during their hair cut makes out for some really crazy styles. I try to get Brian to cut his own hair the same day too, because the mess is so large I like you like to clean it up once and get it over with. I love it that Brian cuts his own hair. Me, I have been spoiled this year. I found a hair stylish that charges more than your cut and go place, but cheaper than a spa, and you feel like you just came out of the spa. I only get go twice maybe three times a year, but it is worth every penny.

I love your new hair cut. My hair is really long, and I will definitely donate it when I finally bring up the courage to cut it.

Happy 32nd Birthday Jason. I turned 28 in Jan. I actually look forward to my 30th birthday, just not my 31st.

Anonymous said...

Wow! We both donated our long hair to charity!
Good for us!
I donated to Pantene's charity because they only needed 8 inches.
It was fun to have long hair for two years... but it's even nicer to be back to the short hair.
ahhh...
oh and:
roster007.livejournal.com

Abby said...

my guess is from left to right - gavin, emma and jason. your hair looks great. it is fun to chop it all off once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Becky, that was sweet ofyou! I donated mine over two years ago. I've been growing it out ever since. Keith has made me promise to never do it again because he loves my long hair. Oh well, right?