Monday, September 28, 2009
American West Heritage Center
Emma and Gavin each went on seperate school field trips in April to the local living history farm, the American West Heritage Center, to see the new baby animals. I didn't get to go with Emma's class, but Josiah and I did with Gavin. It was a wonderful experience for both boys (and I'm sure Emma) to have an up-close and personal experience with animals. Gavin had fun sitting on a pony by himself. (His classmate Charlotte is in the background.)
We got to hold and pet the baby chicks.
The rabbits were soft and sweet.
We saw around 20 different animals in their cages, then suddenly found ourselves surrounded by the free range birds that were obviously used to being around humans!
Gavin started losing interest (he was acting tired) by the end--though his excitement was renewed when he found this unique swingset and got to ride a different kind of horse! (He's being "helped" by his classmate Cameron.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wonder how hard it would be to make one of those horses. They are pretty cool. Gavin was brave to go on a real horse, and I LOVE the turkey!
Post a Comment