Gavin's school held a "summer camp" program the week after school got out. It was a great opportunity for Jason and I to attend adult lectures to learn more about cochlear implants and speech and for the kids to play with other kids with implants and their siblings from all over Utah and neighboring states. Unfortunately, we didn't get to go to very much of the camp and Jason didn't go to any of it (it was during the work day). We went the first evening for dinner, but then I was terribly sick the next day. That evening I was feeling better, so I tried to take the kids to the fun BBQ they were holding (with horseback riding and carnival rides), but they had apparently changed the location of the dinner because rain was threatening without leaving any kind of notice for those of us who missed the day. We were able to go to some of the last day, though we didn't go the whole time because we still had some packing for our upcoming trip to Vermont and had to leave early to drive down to Salt Lake to get to the airport. But we did try...
2 comments:
It looks like they had a great time, and the camp sounds like a wonderful idea. We miss you!
I am tired of looking at this entry. It is time to post again, dangit.
Love, Krissie
Post a Comment