Sunday, November 21, 2010
September 2009
I love Josiah's hair. It has such a unique coloring with his two natural highlights, so I had let it grow rather long. The problem was that he also had a very large and prominent bald spot on the back half of his head. The effect was the reverse of a bald man with a bad pullover. When a couple of sweet, old ladies at church laughed when they saw his hair: I knew it was time for a hair cut.
He was rather patient considering, but I don't think I've ever given a kid under the age of 4 a hair cut that was actually up to par, but at least he wouldn't be laughed at anymore!
Josiah loves the cupboards. And he is very, very fast at dismantling the contents--at least he was until we finally got the childproof latches on the doors. Amazingly, he was rather disappointed when his efforts were no longer effective! :)
Our big girl Emma turned seven years old. Boy, I'm starting to feel old!
And we enjoyed a nice family birthday including dinner at a restaurant.
Grampa Cornelius surprised us by coming out for a visit. We know he must truly love us because he doesn't like flying (and hasn't come to Utah or been on a plane since our wedding) so he took a bus out from Vermont!
We visited the Hill Air Force Base Aerospace Museum where Grampa pointed out some of the planes he worked on when he was in the Air Force during Vietnam. We LOVE that museum; this was the second time we've been and we're looking forward to the next!
Josiah celebrated his first birthday.
And REALLY enjoyed the cake! (and cares more about eating than smiling for the camera....)
Gavin's school went on a field trip with parents to an apple orchard.
His teacher Janet Fuller and best friend/girl friend Emily See go to explore all the trees. Janet is awesome! She has already made tremendous strides with Gavin. Truly a miracle!
Emily's family moved to Logan and into our ward earlier this summer. Gavin and Emily became fast friends. They love each other and often treat each other like brother and sister, but they also act like boyfriend/girlfriend: holding hands, exchanging kisses on the cheek, and big hugs. Janet told me of a time when Emily refused to hold hands with him. So he just shrugged and walked over to Charlotte (another cute little girl in the class) and she happily accepted his hand. Well, Emily wouldn't have anything to do with that so she rushed over and pushed Charlotte out of the way, yelling at her in deaf-kid gibberish, and grabbed Gavin's hand because Gavin is HER guy. What a ladies man already! We have always known he was a charmer....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just realized you are updating your blog- hooray! I am so excited to peruse through and learn all you are doing, and see pictures of your beautiful family!
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment