
I hope that feet don't bother you, but I thought I'd share my fun toe breaking incident (this picture is a lot "prettier" than when it happened, but you can still see remnants of the injury). A couple weeks ago, Jason and I rather impromptudely started removing some very large flagstones from a wall in our laundry room. For the majority of you that haven't seen our house, the people who remodelled it in the '60s and '70s LOVED rock walls. Anyway, I had sandals on and Jason started prying on one that was up high. We have removed lots of rock already and have MUCH more to go, so we've gotten pretty good at catching the rocks. Well, Jason missed and despite having moved (what I thought was far enough) the rock bounced and landed right on my baby toe. It had such force that it cut a nice slice in my sandal, but luckily didn't cut my toe off! Instead, it broke my toe. At least I assume it was broken because I didn't go to the doctor, but it does seem more twisted than the other one. And just too make things fair, while I was treating my injury, Jason continued to remove more rock. He was determined to get this giant one (4.5' x 3') out. Well, he did it and managed to catch it (much heavier than he even could have guessed), but a neighboring rock was loosened and fell directly on his foot! He was only slightly smarter, wearing fake croc's (the foam one's with holes), and ended up with a perfectly circular scratch through one of the holes on top and a nice bruise. We ended up calling it a day at that point... The joys of remodelling!
PS. And just to balance things out for myself, a week later, I accidentally stubbed my other baby toe really hard on Emma's bike and pulled the nail half off! Do you know how funny it looks to be limping because of both feet?!
4 comments:
That is terrible!! Baby toe injuries in a strange way are the worste. I think we use them more than we realize. I have been very lucky and gone years without stubbing any of mine, though I've had some close calls. That accident could have been much worse! I am glad you didnt lose your toe!
Ohhh Aaron could so sympathize with you. He broke his pinky toe on his mission. Isn't it amazing that when you have a hurt toe, people seem to step on it more often?
It was extremely painful. One the challenging parts has been that I'm limited to one pair of shoes--the pair I was wearing when it happened! All my other shoes and sandals hug the toe and it hurts! I have found now (weeks later) that I can put up with my work tennis shoes because I have to, since we are working on removing lots and lots of rock in the kitchen. Oh, and Gavin is the biggest culprit of stepping on my toes, he seems to have a subconscious draw to walking on them instead of next to them!
I broke my little toe once- it is amazing how much it hurts, and how much you really need that little toe.
But Becky. . .at least your toenails look lovely!
Post a Comment