Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gavin's 4th Birthday Party

Gavin turned 4-years-old this year and had a very happy birthday, getting a new bike and helmet (which he jumped right on and had no problems pedalling along) and radio controlled car and other fun things. Since it was an "even" birthday he got to have a birthday party. He chose to have a "car" birthday party. So we made car cards...
...had car races... (the kids are Braxton from his class and then two friends Leo and James)...played with cars......pinned wheels on cars......and, of course, ATE cars!And boy did they relish it! Overall, Gavin had a truly fabulous time and I enjoyed having just a few boys that played well and had fun. (And Emma enjoyed being the helper.)

6 comments:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Oh my, a car birthday! What could be better? My boys would die!
Happy Birthday, Gavin (very late)- how can you be FOUR?

My code word is "mermen."

Abby said...

cars! what a cool party - and an awesome cake!

Samantha said...

Good job on the cake, it looks great! I hope I'll find my cake making genius when the time comes because for now it is missing...

Samantha said...

And just for the record, when I said all the family was at our house for dinner I meant everyone who was in town. Obviously we still count you as family despite what your brothers say about you being a Cornelius now.

CommonMama said...

Looks like an awesome party. Did you make the cake? It is so cool!

Becky said...

Yes, I made the cake. I discovered that I have a much easier time cutting out cakes than actually icing them--it took way to long to make and didn't turn out nearly as nice as my perfectionist brain had it pictured! But it tasted great and the kids loved it, so....