This is a current picture of beautiful me. I have to admit that I'm "relaxing" my tummy some to look a little bigger than usual. I'm still wearing normal clothes, but have eliminated about half my wardrobe that doesn't fit anymore. (Notice it's long sleeves and long pants--who knew it could be threatening snow in June!) The other day my very observant teenage sister Emily asked, "Are you sure you want to wear pants that make your stomach look big?" I had to gently remind her that it wasn't the pants that made my stomach look large!
So we had the ultrasound about a month ago and found out we are having a happy, healthy, baby surprise! (At least we're assuming it will be happy.) It wasn't that they couldn't find out the gender, we didn't want to know! We already have a boy and a girl, so we are prepared for either so we can have some fun with this. The ultrasound was very helpful though, we found out that everything looks great and perfectly normal. We didn't get any great pictures though, so this is kind of the best we've got.
If you have an opinion, I'm interested in what people think. We get to choose the birthday (one of the advantages of a c-section) and the due date is Thursday, Sept 25. We would prefer to deliver on a Friday because it makes missing work easier, so ideally the OB would love to do it Sept. 19. The downside is that Emma's birthday is Sept. 17 (and my brother's is the 18th). Is it worth putting off the delivery for a week so that they can each have a more seperate birthday? My doctor is very reluctant, but said that we could if we had to. What do you think?
11 comments:
I wish I could share my opionion, but I have not the slightest idea what it would be like to have two children with close birthdays! I'll know soon enough what it's like to have a child with a birthday on christmas though! So far I think . . . never plan a birthday for christmas. I can already tell it is a bad idea.
I say yes, put it off: it gives baby surprise that much more time to "bake" and be ready for the world!
PS~ wow Becky you look great!
Okay, my prediction is that baby Surprise is a girl.
Lookin' good! I'm glad I decided to check in - I thought the blog had died! My guess is that the baby is a boy.
Well, I know how I felt when it was due date time. Get it out, Now!! I do share the same concern on birthdays but, you should just go with your gut and the doctor's opinoin.
I think the OB wants to do the c-section earlier because then you lessen the risk of going into labor by yourself and I think c-sections are harder if you have already gone into labor because the baby has descended into the birth canal. That said... I say you wait until closer to your due date. They have gotten pretty good about predicting the due date, but if it were off by a little, there is some pretty critical growing that happens in those last weeks. Finally, Sophie's birthday is the 13th of June and Ben's is the 10th and so far they have done just fine being so close. Sooo... no conclusive advice, but a few things to yin-yang your brain around.
Oh and you look lovely by the way.
And I think the babe will be a girl!
I think the baby is a boy, and I think that you should go with your gut about the due date. I have never had a c-section so I am no good judge on picking out a b-day. All of my boys have come when they wanted to come, except for the twins they were induced.
Love ya lots, and you look fabulous.
Christine
The problem with going with my gut and with the doctor is that those are two different things. I kind of felt like Gavin should have come closer to his due date, but that doctor wanted to do the same as this one--a week earlier. So I would prefer later for the baby's sake, but the doctor insists that it won't make a difference except being safer for me to not get too close to going into labor. I never realized that choosing the date could be such a challenge!
I think going closer to the due date is the more natural thing to do- there is still more growing and developing that goes on, even in one week. Baby can put on a whole half a pound in that one week.
If you felt Gavin should've been closer to his due date. . .maybe this little one should too!
I think going with your gut is most important here.
Post a Comment