Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Birthdays and Mother's Day

Well, I thought that I had taken some pictures of my birthday, but I guess I didn't. Jason got me a nice cake decorated with Oreo's (can't get much better than that). I got some much needed new shirts and my parents got me a beautiful fancy quilting frame! I got it set up but haven't gotten the quilt on quite yet. I'm excited though! Mother's day was rather quiet and very sweet. I got breakfast in bed and Jason made dinner. Emma was very sweet and suddenly became a prolific crafter and brought me present after home-made present. Overall, very satisfying.


Gavin's birthday was really fun and simple. I went a little overboard with the cake, but had fun. Gavin loved it! (It goes along well with his current obsession with Thomas movies and vehicles in general. I couldn't really bear to let the kids eat it because I was so impressed with myself, so I waited a couple days to cut the cake. Meanwhile, I kept noticing that the Oreo crumbs in the "coal car" kept disappearing, and Gavin's face kept getting mysteriously covered in chocolate! Eventually we did eat it and it tasted just a good as it looked! (If I do say so myself...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prolific crafter!! Hahahaha, that is really funny. I remember making weird toilet paper roses for my mom on mothers day. Weird huh!

Mama Ash Grove said...

Happy Birthday to Becky and Gavin!

nana jill said...

Such a cute family -- but, of course, I'm not prejudice. Way to go with that cake, Becky! Hope you had a "merry month of May" with 2 birthdays, Mother's Day, and graduation ... and remodeling ... and being pregnant. Wow! Love ya!