Friday, September 5, 2008

The best news of all...

The construction has resumed--with professionals in charge now! It started with more demolition. The garage was torn down. I thought for a minute that it was going to hit the neighbors garage....



...but he got it to come down right inside the fence--not destroying any property, but completely taking out my garden! Oh, well, a small sacrifice to pay....

He then took out the driveway (with a jackhammer and backhoe at 7:00 in the morning!--our poor neighbors just had their first baby and we felt so bad!), the two bad walls, and dug out what foundation there was to make room for the new. Today the demolition finally turned the corner toward replacement when the builder got the cement poured for the new footings.


Yes, that is a rather large, gapping opening on the back of our house and the only thing between us and the outside world is a black plastic sheet "wall." Think of the upside though, Jason and I can't get in any arguments or the whole neighborhood would hear it! LOL!

8 comments:

Samantha said...

So is this going to be done in time for the new baby?

Becky said...

It's possible that the pro's work could be done by the time the baby comes, but then we have to install our kitchen ourselves--which won't be done by then! Sounds like fun doesn't it?

Lael said...

When this is all wrapped up, I think we should do an extrememe makeover reveal ... Move That Minivan!

roamingjones said...

Congratulations on your new big step. It is fun to see the progress. Thanks for sharing.

GJ

Anonymous said...

I hope the weather is good to you until you can get REAL walls built. Good luck to you! I've been through construction (our own doing and with contractors) many times and it is never fun. You seem to have a good attitude about it and that will help. Love Ya! Nana Jill

Anonymous said...

I would have been miffed about the garden! So glad things are underway! I'm also glad youguys found a good family car! Car problems are TOOO stressful. And Your back hall idea does sound great!

Allison said...

Wow! cool pictures! I bet it feels great to watch someone else do those tough jobs for you!

Mummy. said...

Hoping to see a new posting! How is it all coming along?