
Surprise! Emma's stubborn! Last week she needed to clean the playroom. I told her on Sunday that she wouldn't be able to play with a friend on Monday if it wasn't clean. She didn't clean it on Sunday and on Monday she called a friend who could play after lunch. She still didn't clean it--instead she played by herself in the playroom. She kept insisting that I needed to help her, but I kept insisting that she made the mess, she had to clean it up. To make a long story shorter, she didn't play with any friends or watch any movies from Sunday through Wednesday (I didn't think that was possible) and the only thing that finally got her to clean it was when I told her she couldn't eat until it was cleaned. You may think that cruel, but I used it as a last resort--and when she finally did it, it only took her about 15 minutes because it wasn't that messy to start with! I don't know where in the world she would have gotten a stubborn streak....
2 comments:
Maybe it is something in the genetic material because we do the same thing around here, though I will admit it has never lasted that long!!! But there is always a great deal of weeping, wailing ad gnashing of teeth!
I can not imagine where Emma would have inherited such a trait as you have described.
Post a Comment