We then went to my parents house to watch the Sugarhouse Park fireworks from their church parking lot--much, much less crowded than the park itself. The fireworks were great and held even Gavin's attention for as many as five whole minutes before he got distracted by the plane flying back and forth over head. It ended up being a busy, productive, and very fun day!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Independence Day and Wii fun!
We spent the morning (5+ hours) of the 4th working on the kitchen (previous entry), but we got discouraged with the flooring issue and were exhausted, so we drove down to visit family in Salt Lake. My family was visiting a beloved aunt, Barbara, and her fabulous friend and housemate, Nadine. We got to join them for a lot of fun on their Nintendo Wii and a delicious dinner.
Emma got hooked pretty quickly and beat her mom rather soundly in a game of bowling--doesn't she have great form! If only real bowling balls were that light! And then I witnessed something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime--my father playing a video game! I had to take a picture just to prove it to posterity!
Despite negative inclinations toward video games, I think he rather enjoyed himself--wouldn't you say? And after Jason played for the first time, he agrees with me that eventually it's something we would enjoy getting--which is a first for me, wanting to spend money on a video game system. But boy, it is so fun!
We then went to my parents house to watch the Sugarhouse Park fireworks from their church parking lot--much, much less crowded than the park itself. The fireworks were great and held even Gavin's attention for as many as five whole minutes before he got distracted by the plane flying back and forth over head. It ended up being a busy, productive, and very fun day!
We then went to my parents house to watch the Sugarhouse Park fireworks from their church parking lot--much, much less crowded than the park itself. The fireworks were great and held even Gavin's attention for as many as five whole minutes before he got distracted by the plane flying back and forth over head. It ended up being a busy, productive, and very fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would hate to be that pilot during a firework show!
I played the wii once, but I guess i have really eye hand coordination, because I was really frustrated with how real your aim, etc has to be!
That thing is amazing. I am not sure I have ever seen a smile like that on your dad's face. And it reminds me of my father-in-law who is a LOT like your dad and had a similar reaction to the Wii. I love the Wii (and feel similar to you about video games).
Post a Comment