Friday, July 11, 2008

Photo Tagged

My friend Brittany tagged me--I would like to claim that my home is always spotless and that you just caught me at a bad time, but unfortunately it's hard to keep a house that is under construction from being it disarray. Especially when you have two rambunctious kids at home all day and rooms filled with furniture that belong in other rooms. But here goes!

Dream Vacation

Having already taken a couple of dream vacations to Europe, my dream would probably include countries I haven't been to yet: Ireland, Spain, Russia (Jason's mission location). But currently, our family dream vacation is rather simple: Disneyland!

Sorry, I don't have a pict easily accessible, you'll have to wait until we actually go!

Self-Portrait

You can't really take a self-portrait while pregnant without showing off the belly, right?!

What the kids are doing right now

This is what the kids were doing when I took the picts, but I got distracted and now they are watching Disney's "Bug's Life." Gavin was previously napping and Emma was playing with the neighbor's daughter Tiya.


Our Closet
This is our nice walk-in closet that we added ourselves. The pictures are the right and left sides, respectfully.


Our Bathroom
Will be remodelled later (or at least updated)....

Our Laundry Room
This is nicknamed the "Rock Room" for somewhat obvious reasons. Unfortunately it has been exposed to all the construction dust, which has collected rather thickly on top of the machines. This will probably be one of our next projects--it needs to be updated and we're thinking we'll add a half bath with it.

Our Fridge

Our Kitchen Sink--or lack thereof!

This is where our sink used to be...

This is what is used in place of a kitchen sink...

This is where our sink will be... (for those of you that have been following our construction saga, you can see we've made some progress on the floor removal--it's just slower than we'd hoped)

Favorite Room in the House

Hopefully it will soon be the kitchen! Until then, I guess the family room is where we spend the most time together!

Favorite Shoes

This can really only be a tag for women--what men care about their shoes enough to care about such things? Of course, being a woman, I really like shoes--these sandals being the most comfortable. They also remind me of a pair of hippie sandals that my dad had saved and that I got to wear in high school (until I wore them out). The hippie sandals were so cool: the soles were recycled tire rubber that still had the tire tread on it and it was held together with little nails (they had a metal ring in the center like these shoes). I had to stop wearing them when the nails started working their way out, into the bottom of my foot!

I tag whomever is interested and reads this--THAT MEANS YOU! (Specifically: Melanie, Lauren, Julie, Abby, Alli, Sammy, Christine, and Ginny)

1 comment:

Mama Ash Grove said...

Becky- love those sandals!
And love the house too. Can't wait to see the kitchen when it's done.