
This is the first year that I've put a real effort into a garden (we've tried before, but not taken care of it as the summer wore on). We have about a half dozen carrots growing, 6 tomato plants (if you look really close, you can see two small green tomatoes in the middle of the closest plant), 4 green pepper plants, a couple dozen green onions, a cantalope plant, and several other random plants. I'm excited to actually have some fresh veggies grown in MY own garden! (The starts for the tomatoes and green peppers came from the farmer's market. I love the farmer's market!)
4 comments:
I love the farmer's market too!
And very nice garden. Fresh tomatoes from the garden are the BEST.
What is the soil like where you are? Is it good for gardening, or did you have to bring in topsoil and such?
Hey Melanie! The soil is actually rather good, despite quite a few rocks. The problem is almost no water, so irrigation in vitally important for any kind of garden to survive.
One day that will be me! It is frustrating not having even a little dirt to dig in!
yep!
Post a Comment