
This morning Jason and I were unloading some things from the van for the kitchen remodel and Gavin was left doing his favorite activity: watching movies. Usually he's pretty distracted by the TV, but apparently not this morning because when we came back in we discovered that he had broken into the fridge and helped himself to some yogurt. It wouldn't be such a big deal except that he's been getting into a lot of trouble lately. Earlier this morning he decided to empty a full basket of nicely folded laundry.

The other day he had fun with the rose bushes. These are really the only beautiful, prolific growing flowers in our yard and it's right next to our front door. Every time I walk by, I'm just reminded of the beauty of the earth--now I'm reminded of my rascal son that removed the petals from a dozen or more of the flowers that used to completely cover the bush. (You can see the remnants of the petals on the ground and the flower-less stems on the bush.)

And then, of course, our Picasso's very first mural! You can see the edge of the dry erase board that he had been coloring on, but I guess he decided that it wasn't a big enough canvas. It wouldn't come off, but did lessen (you can see I've scrubbed the top part) and gratefully we will be pulling out this paint color later when we're ready to paint the kitchen. Every kid has to do this at least once, right? (Hopefully, we drilled it in enough that it will only be once!)
4 comments:
I remember drawing on the wall . . . probaly over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Probably up until I was . . . oh yea, moved out! But when I was a teenager I switched from magic marker to oil paints. Dont be too hard on him!
Holy smoke, that is more than a pencil mark, isn't it! That is nice that you weren't so mad that you remembered to take a photo of it ... I need to do that more!
Lael
Good thing he's so cute!!
Typical boy behavior. :) Daniel did his first mural (black magic marker on our white bed post) when he was a year and a half old. It's still there by the way!
Post a Comment